Thursday 7 April 2011

How effective is the combination of my main product and ancillary texts?

Green black and white were the three main colours i used for my poster and double page spread . The colour green connotates jelousy and I wanted to highlight the relationship between the rivals Lauren and Vivienne. However the Genre of my radio drama is comedy so i decided to use a liem green instead of a darker shade to portray the comedy quality which my radio drama includes. I decided to use the same title style for both feauture and poster, I used it in place of a Logo so that my radio drama has something it can be recognized by. Unlike most radio drama's my feauture did not revolve around the main character mainly because she is predictable as most prolatirats are. I believe that Vivienne the rival adds the comedy value to our radio drama so I created a feature based on her including a poster and Exclusive interview with the "REAL" Vivienne de la Boosh. This is where i took the previous feedback into consideration by revealing the real gender of our vivienne which i previously hoped would be an ongoing mystery for the audience.

Bothe my poster and feauture played different roles in terms of advertising my radio drama. The aim of my poster was to grab my audiences attention by including vibrant colours, bold text and important information. I beleieve my poster is quite informative as well as eye catching.

My feauture on the other hand was meant to only inform the audience and tell them more about my radio drama. However i believe My feauture is not effective in that area because it lacks text and body. However it does use the conventions of colour and consistency which lets my audience know that they are advertising the same product.

I created two final posters. the first had Fashion sketches in the background and a scissors cutting through it representing the role Vivienne plays in Lauren's life. The scissors represents Vivienne and the sketches in the background represents Lauren's dreams to make it in fashion. I decided to use sketches for the background to make my poster to look more ethnic. most media products based around comedy involve hand made sketches to make it look less uniform and give it more character. However my image was too pixelated to use for a final so i decided to use a green silk fabric for the background. Not only does this fit into my colour scheme and story line/ pitch. It also gives it an sophisticated look.

No comments:

Post a Comment